Syracuse Workplace Discrimination Lawyer
Discrimination in the workplace is wrong, and it is illegal. Nobody should ever have to worry about facing discrimination from coworkers or supervisors when they go to work each day. Unfortunately, workplace discrimination does exist. If you or somebody you care about has been discriminated against at work, contact the team at Gattuso & Ciotoli, PLLC today. Our Syracuse discrimination attorneys will conduct an investigation into your case in order to secure any compensation and justice you are entitled to.
Choose Gattuso & Ciotoli, PLLC For This Case
If you have been discriminated against at work, you need an attorney that understands the seriousness of this issue. Gattuso & Ciotoli, PLLC will stand by your side.
- Our attorneys have more than 50 years of combined legal experience representing employees throughout the state of New York.
- We have a deep understanding of employment law as well as a track record of success handling workplace discrimination cases.
- We take Syracuse discrimination cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not pay any legal fees until we secure the compensation they deserve.
What Will An Attorney Do To Help?
Employment discrimination in and around Syracuse, NY, does occur, but it can be difficult to prove. Most individuals who face workplace discrimination will not have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation and prove their case. However, a discrimination attorney will be able to obtain all evidence necessary to prove what happened, including gathering internal workplace documents and memos, speaking to eyewitnesses, and analyzing the history of the employer in question.
How Does Discrimination Occur In The Workplace?
Under both federal and New York state laws, discrimination in the workplace occurs when a person is treated differently in a way that causes an adverse impact on them. State and federal law prohibit employment discrimination against a person based on their “race, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, political, affiliation or belief, genetics, arrest and conviction record, marital status, genetic, predisposition and carrier status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or retaliation.”
Employment discrimination can happen in various ways and is illegal in every aspect of employment that a person may go through. This includes:
- The application and hiring processes
- Promotion and raise decisions
- Denials of workplace accommodations
- Disciplinary actions
- Severance or termination decisions
- Available training
- Job or shift assignments
- Any other terms or conditions of employment
Federal and state law also prohibits employers from retaliating against any employee who raises concerns or files a complaint about discrimination or suspected discrimination in the workplace.
Is There Compensation Available For These Cases?
If you or somebody you love has been discriminated against in the workplace, there may be various types of compensation available for your claim. At Gattuso & Ciotoli, PLLC, our Syracuse employment lawyers have extensive experience helping in these situations and will work to recover the following on your behalf:
- Recovery of any lost wages
- Reinstatement to your job (if applicable)
- Court costs and legal fees
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against the employer
Contact Our Legal Professionals As Soon As Possible
The total amount of compensation awarded in these cases will vary depending on the facts related to your particular situation. When you need a Syracuse discrimination attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (315) 314-8000.