Syracuse Workplace Retaliation Attorney
When you go to work each day to support yourself and your family, you should never have to worry about retaliation. Unfortunately, many employees in and around Syracuse, NY, face retaliation for reporting discrimination, sexual harassment, or other illegal activities in the workplace. At Gattuso & Ciotoli, PLLC, we are here to help when you need a Syracuse retaliation attorney. Let our qualified and experienced team investigate your case so we can secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Choose Gattuso & Ciotoli, PLLC For This Case
If you have been the victim of retaliation in the workplace, it is time to seek assistance from an Syracuse employment attorney with extensive experience handling these cases. Gattuso & Ciotoli, PLLC is ready to help.
- We are going to bring more than five decades of combined legal experience handling employment law to your side.
- We are going to take the time to get to know you personally so that we can formulate the best strategy moving forward to fit your goals and needs.
- We take Syracuse retaliation cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we will not collect any legal fees until after we secure the compensation you deserve.
How Will An Attorney Help Your Case?
Instances of workplace retaliation can be difficult to prove, and an attorney may be necessary in these cases. A Syracuse retaliation lawyer will have the resources to obtain all evidence needed to prove that retaliation has occurred. In many cases, these investigations will delve into other realms of employment law, such as discrimination, sexual harassment, whistleblower laws, and more.
Once an attorney discovers that retaliation has occurred, they will open negotiations with an employer and the employer’s legal team to ensure that their client receives a fair settlement.
How Does Retaliation Affect Workers?
There are various reasons why an employer may retaliate against an employee. At Gattuso & Ciotoli, PLLC, we regularly handle cases of retaliation that occur after an employee reported or complained about experiencing or witnessing discrimination, sexual harassment, or wage violations in the workplace.
Retaliation can also occur when an employee reports illegal or fraudulent activity by an employer or when the employee refuses to engage in fraudulent or unlawful activities in the workplace. Employers also regularly retaliate against employees who help other workers file complaints or lawsuits about illegal workplace activity.
Retaliatory behaviors often manifest and various ways. This can include:
- Increased or decreased workloads for the employee
- Demotions or an unwanted decrease in salary
- A denial of raises or promotions
- Negative performance reviews
- Unfavorable job or shift assignments
- Wrongful termination
- and more
Retaliatory behaviors in the workplace create a hostile work environment, which no employee should ever have to endure.
What Kind Of Compensation Is Available?
If you or somebody you care about has faced retaliation in the workplace, whether for reporting discrimination and harassment or for some other reason, you may be entitled to significant compensation. At Gattuso & Ciotoli, PLLC, we are going to investigate your claim in order to secure following on your behalf:
- Reinstatement to your job if necessary
- Front pay and back pay
- Interest on lost wages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Court cost and legal fees
- Possible punitive damages against the employer
Contact Us Today
When you need a Syracuse retaliation attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at (315) 314-8000.