Riverhead Employment Lawyer
New York employers are responsible for complying with all federal and state employment laws. Unfortunately, not every business or organization treats its employees fairly—leading to damaging workplace conditions such as discrimination, harassment, underpayment, and the wrongful loss of jobs.
The Riverhead employment lawyers at Gattuso & Ciotoli, PLLC assist employees in seeking justice against unlawful employment practices. If you believe your employer violated one of these laws, our attorneys can help.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm provides personalized attention to each and every client. Our attorneys will take the time to learn your story, explain your options, and answer your questions.
- Our results speak for themselves. We have secured millions of dollars in compensation for our clients over our years of operation.
- Our attorneys have over 50 years of combined legal experience and have handled multiple types of employment litigation, including wage and hour disputes, wrongful terminations, sexual harassment, and more.
How to Choose an Employment Lawyer in New York
If you believe you may have grounds for a complaint or lawsuit against your employer, you need an attorney on your side. Navigating the employment litigation process can be confusing, since multiple government agencies handle many different types of employment claims.
When searching for an attorney to handle your claim, keep these important considerations in mind.
- Ensure your attorney or firm focuses on employment law. In addition, you should ensure that the firm handles the specific type of claim you intend to file.
- Read the firm’s reviews to assess the experiences of former clients. These reviews will provide insight into the firm’s communication practices, commitment to their clients, and efficiency.
- Ensure your lawyer is an advocate for employees, not for employers who engage in unlawful practices.
- Look through the firm’s case history and recent results. Has the firm handled cases similar to yours, and what were the outcomes of these cases?
Types of Employment Law Cases We Handle
The attorneys at Gattuso & Ciotoli, PLLC handle a wide range of employment claims, including the following:
- Discrimination claims
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Wage and hour disputes
- Overtime claims
- Workplace retaliation
Do I Need an Employment Law Attorney?
Many people believe that they do not need a lawyer to handle an employment dispute. While you can resolve many claims through internal complaints, some employers do not take these issues seriously and may take no action to resolve your claim. In some cases, an employer may retaliate against an employee who makes a complaint.
In these cases, it is vital to contact a New York employment attorney to handle your case. Your attorney can help you escalate your claim to a complaint with the appropriate government agency and may help you file a lawsuit against your employer if the initial complaint does not resolve your issue. Your attorney will provide you with the information and assistance you need to navigate these processes and will advocate for your best interests during each stage of litigation.
Contact a Long Island Employment Attorney
Whether your employer failed to provide you with overtime pay or you suspect you lost your job due to discrimination, the Long Island employment attorneys at Gattuso & Ciotoli, PLLC can help. Our lawyers have over 50 years of combined experience handling employment claims and will advocate aggressively for your best interests during each stage of your claim.
Contact Gattuso & Ciotoli, PLLC today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your legal options.